Oven roasted, tender crispy baked parmesan zucchini sticks. They’re easy, tasty, healthy and so addictive! Low in calories — a perfect side dish for any meal!
Zucchinis are ultra low in calories compared to other vegetables like broccoli. They provide approximately 17 calories per 100g. That’s why in this recipe, you won’t feel guilty loading it with lots of parmesan cheese and panko!
I love adding panko and parmesan cheese to zucchinis. This gives the zucchinis a crispy texture and delicious cheesy flavor. Anything cheesy and crispy goes well with my picky eater son who rejects most vegetables made in any other way.
These baked parmesan cheese zuchinni sticks are so easy to make and absolutely delicious served with some honey mustard mayonnaise and a little lime juice. I used baby zucchinis because they are nice and tender but if you cannot find any or prefer to use the larger ones, just cut them quartered lengthwise, season and bake.
|Baked Parmesan Zucchini|| |
- Olive oil
- 1 stem of fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 12 oz baby zucchini or 4 zucchini, quartered lenghtwise
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup of parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup of panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- Preheat oven to 430F (225C).
- In a ziploc bag add 2 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, sprinkle of pepper, lemon juice and a piece of fresh rosemary. Seal the bag and use fingers to press and rub the rosemary to infuse the oil with it.
- In a bowl, add all the zucchini with the rosemary infused olive oil dressing and toss until the they are lightly coated.
- Place parmesan and panko on a plate and mix to combine them. Gently but firmly press each piece of zucchini (side without the skin) onto the the parmesan and panko mix as shown in picture.
- Line tray with baking paper.
- Layout zucchini in single layer with parmesan facing up
- Place into oven and bake 10-15 minutes or until tender and golden brown
- Broil for 2-3 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown.
- Serve immediately, drizzle with lemon juice and Hollandaise sauce if desired.