The easiest, most delicious and super moist banana cake with cream cheese frosting ever! Topped with loads of walnuts pieces, it simply melts in your mouth! Only takes 15 minutes to prepare and the oven does the rest!
There is nothing more tasty than homemade banana cake (or bread), especially when it just comes out of the oven…piping hot! It sent my 3 year old son running towards the kitchen as soon as the oven door opened releasing the sweet aroma of the bananas.
For the sake of taking pictures, I had to resist from pinching pieces and eating it while its hot, which is what we usually do whenever I make this cake at home. By the time we are done with it, there is usually only half left for the butter cream cheese frosting! Sometimes we even add it on top while it is still hot and let it melt into the cake! YUM!
This is a very versatile and no fail recipe. You can easily convert it into a carrot or zucchini cake (bread) by replacing the bananas with 1 cup of grated carrots or zucchini.
I guarantee you will like it and bake it again and again!
|Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting|| |
For the Cake
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 cup self rising flour (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe bananas (peeled and thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup raisins or sultanas
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 tablespoon butter (Soften at room temperature for 10 minutes)
- 8oz (226g) Philidephia cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ cup powdered sugar (Icing sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C
- Grease a 9-inch baking loaf pan
- Mix eggs, sugar, vanilla and oil in a bowl until well blended
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in another bowl (dry ingredients)
- Add dry ingredients to egg and sugar mixture and blend well
- Add bananas, walnuts, and raisins, using spatula fold into mixture just enough to combine
- Pour into one greased 9-inch baking loaf pan
- Bake at 350 F or 180 C for 35 minutes or until fork inserted in center becomes clean
- Cool completely before adding frosting
- Combine frosting ingredients and mix until smooth. (Add a small amount of milk if frosting is too thick)
- Sprinkle some chopped walnuts on top