Fresh, easy and healthy burrito bowls with creamy chipotle sauce. A light yet satisfying and tasty meal!
This recipe is so easy to prepare. Once the rice is cooked, just stir in the salsa sauce, top it up with fresh ingredients and drizzle with the creamy chipotle sauce. Takes only 5 minutes to prepare and it’s ready to enjoy!
I used basmati rice instead of white rice because it is slightly healthier and I like it’s texture. You can also use brown rice or quinoa for this recipe which is also nice. For those who don’t like or prefer not to eat rice, the ingredients with the chipoltle sauce on its own makes a delicious salad!
The salsa in the rice and creamy chipotle sauce goes so well with the rest of the ingredients!
Here’s a tasty, budget friendly and healthy meal for the whole family!
|Burrito Bowls with Chipole Sauce|| |
- For homemade salsa sauce recipe click
- 1 cup cooked basmati rice
- ¼ cup salsa, homemade or store-bought
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chipotle paste*
- 1 clove garlic, pressed (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (coriander)
- ½ can whole kernel corn, drained
- ½ can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- Wash rice and cook 1 cup of rice with 1 cup of water in rice cooker. Allow to cool and stir in salsa; set aside.
- Chipotle cream sauce:
- Mix together sour cream, chipotle paste, garlic (optional), lime juice and salt; set aside.
- Assemble each serving bowl with rice mixture and top with lettuce, corn, black beans, tomatoes, avocado and cilantro.
- Serve immediately with chipotle cream sauce.