Loaded with fresh green leafy spinach, these protein packed vegan fried tofu lentil bites are scrumptiously healthy and addictive!
If it’s deep fried, it’s good – at least when it comes to craving of comfort food. We know for a fact it’s not necessarily healthy or good for you.
But, try these fried tofu lentil bites, that turn your everyday fried food into a magical healthy snack. Wonderfully addictive and delicious, they are loaded with fresh green leafy spinach and protein packed from wholesome tofu and sprouted lentils. Besides, these rich, cute, little, hearty, crunchy, tasty bites are completely vegan!
Dip them in the home made vegan mayonnaise. Scrumptious! The kids will have no hard time indulging in these delicious treats while getting a chunk load of goodness from the veggies and protein.
|Fried Tofu lentil bites|| |
For the Bowl
- ½ cup green lentils or red lentils,soaked for at least 2 hours
- 1 cup of spinach leaves, washed, sliced into thin shreds
- 7 oz soft tofu, diced into cubes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Pepper to taste
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- Vegetable oil for frying
For the Vegan Mayonnaise
- Add all the ingredients (except the flour and oil) into a bowl.
- Squeeze and mix all the ingredients together using hands.
- Add the flour and mix thoroughly.
- Heat oil in pan at medium heat.
- Scoop up teaspoon size of mixture, roll into small ball and gently place into hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown and scoop up onto paper towel plate.
- Serve immediately with vegan mayonnaise.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together using a hand blender.
Store bought vegan mayonaise (Veganaise) can be found at Sprouts Supermarket in the USA. Check the website below for other stores that sells them.