Super healthy, easy and delicious vegetable tofu stir fry you can make in less time than it takes to cook the rice you serve it with!
I use a lot of ginger in my cooking. Ginger adds a special spicy flavor and zest to stir fries. Most vegetables have a cooling effect on the body, so it’s important to balance that by cooking vegetables with ginger to promote blood circulation. It also helps to reduce intestinal gas, bloating and promote healthy sweating to assist in detoxification. The more reason for me to use ginger in almost every savory meal I cook.
Fresh ginger can be found in the produce section of supermarkets. When looking for fresh ginger root, make sure it is firm, smooth and free of mold.
This recipe has ginger, sliced carrots, zucchini, cauliflower, cabbage and fried tofu for the protein. You can customize your own using whatever vegetables you like. Very simple, delicious and easy to make!
|Vegetable and Tofu Stir Fry with Ginger|| |
- 1 tablespoon medium sweet soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon mushroom seasoning
- ½ teaspoon corn starch
- Few drops of sesame oil
- ¾ cup of water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 slices of ginger (shredded)
- 2 oz (60g) carrots, washed, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 oz (170g) cauliflower, washed, cut into bite size florets
- 1 zucchini, washed, sliced and cut into semi circle
- 4 oz (120g) cabbage, washed and cut
- 8 oz (220g) fried tofu, cut diagonally in half
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro (coriander), shredded
- Prepare and mix sauce in a small bowl.
- Pour boiling water over carrots and cauliflower florets for a few seconds to slightly blanch them, then rinse in cold water, drain and place aside.
- Heat wok or pan at medium heat.
- Add oil and ginger and stir fry for 1 minutes.
- Add all the vegetables and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Pour over sauce mixture.
- Bring to slight boil and dish out onto plate.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve immediately.