Amazing thin crispy green tea biscotti with loads of almonds. The matcha green tea gives it a bittersweet nutty flavor. So addictive, you’ll be making them again and again!
These green tea almond biscotti is twice baked to perfection to get the desired dry, crunchy texture. They are perfect with a cup of coffee or tea! You can make them with whatever nut you like and even add some dried fruits like cranberries. My favorite combinations are pistachio and cranberry or apricot and almond.
|Green Tea Almond Biscotti|| |
- 6oz (180g) plain flour
- 5oz (150g) whole almonds
- 2.5 teaspoons of green tea powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 6 egg whites
- 5oz (150g) sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (essence)
- Set oven to 355 F (180 C).
- Grease and place baking paper into a 8 x 4-inch pan (loaf pan).
- Sift flour and add the almonds into a bowl.
- Add green tea powder and water in a separate cup and mix well to form paste.
- Beat the egg whites in a bowl, slowly adding sugar until stiff peaks are formed.
- Add green tea mixture and fold using spatula.
- Add almond and flour mixture and fold into egg white. Ensure everything is mixed well but be careful not to over mix.
- Pour mixture into pan and bake for 40 minutes or until a fork inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Take pan out from the oven and turn over onto cooling rack.
- Gently peel off baking paper and allow to cool completely.
- Wrap in cling wrap and place into freezer for 3-4 hours.
- Take out of freezer and thinly slice.
- Place slices on a lined baking tray, transfer to oven, place at the lowest rack and bake for a further 300 F (150 C) for 15 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Cool on rack.
- Serve with coffee or tea, or keep in an air-tight container up to a week.
Try not to over mix the egg white as it will deflate the air in the mixture preventing the dough to rise.