Persimmon, Pomegranate, Massaged Kale Salad…A beautiful winter celebration salad to kick off to a happy and super healthy holiday season!
If you have not tried kale yet, now may be the time!
Kale is one of the most nutrient dense super greens! Despite the health benefits of eating kale, particularly raw kale, I have to admit that I was not a fan of eating raw kale until recently when I discovered the trick of massaging the kale with a little olive oil and salt. This simple, yet critical step, helps breaks the kale down transforming it into a truly magical tender salad!
Drizzle it with a little (or a lot) of this delicious tangy citrus dressing and top it up with sweet persimmon, pomegranate and maple roasted macadamia for that extra sweet crunch! Absolutely loving it!
Those sparkling jewels of pomegranate seeds are not only fun and juicy, they’re full of health benefits too (7 Proven Benefits of Pomegranates). Give that a try! Enjoy!
|Persimmon, Pomegranate, Massaged Kale Salad|| |
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
Maple Roasted Macadamia:
- 5 oz (140 g) or two large bunch of kale (de-stemed and torn or chopped into pieces)
- 1 firm but ripe Fuyu persimmon (peeled and thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Combine the orange juice, maple syrup, lemon juice, pepper and mix well.
- Toss macadamia in 1 tablespoon maple syrup and a pinch of salt.
- Bake on lined baking tray for 5 minutes.
- Remove and toss macadamia with 1 tablespoon maple syrup and place aside.
- Place kale leaves in a salad bowl and massage for 3-5 minutes with oil and salt until tender. Add citrus dressing and toss to mix.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and maple roasted macadamias.
- Sprinkle some cooked quinoa (optional).