Baked parmesan coated crispy polenta bites. A delicious and nutritious dish that is easy to prepare!
Polenta is an inexpensive but highly nutritious food made from ground corn.
The ready-made polenta tubes are pre-cooked and so easy to prepare. Simply cut them into cubes, coat with parmesan cheese, bake and serve with ketchup and some salad.
You can find the polenta tubes in most grocery stores and they come in a few varieties. I like to buy the plain ones and add my own herbs.
Here is an easy and budget friendly snack or light meal for the whole family to enjoy. Give it a try!
|Parmesan Polenta Bites|| |
- 1 pound (510 g) polenta tube
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of dried oregano
- Tomato ketchup (tomato sauce) for dipping.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F (205 C) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut polenta into cubes.
- Place parmesan cheese on plate and coat each polenta cubes with parmesan.
- Bake at 400 F (205 C) for 30 minutes or until crispy golden brown.
- Seve immediately with tomato ketchup and some salad.