The easiest and quickest roasted butternut squash with parmesan cheese, herb and olive oil. A delicious side dish that takes only 20 minutes from prep to dinner table!
This is one of my all time favorite side dish to make! It goes well with almost anything. Roasting enhances and brings out the sweetness of the butternut squash which compliments very well with the melted parmesan and herbs.
I like to use fresh oregano or marjoram which has a delicate sweet pine flavor. You can find them in the fresh food department of most grocery store but dried herbs are still nice if you don’t have access to fresh ones.
This parmesan herb roasted butternut squash is so versatile, I like to toss it in salads, pastas, pizza or even puree it to make a creamy Roasted Butternut Squash Soup.
|Parmesan Herb Roasted Butternut Squash|| |
- Olive oil (spray bottle)
- 2 lbs or medium size butternut squash (washed, peeled and diced into ½ inch or 1.5cm cubes)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoon Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh oregano or marjoram
- Pre-heat oven to 450F (230C)
- On a baking tray lined with baking paper, spray on or drizzle olive oil evenly
- Layout diced butternut squash in single layer and spray or drizzle with a little olive oil, then season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and oregano or marjoram
- Roast in oven at 450F (230C) until tender (approximately 15 minutes)
- Garnish with some fresh herbs and serve immediately.