Easy vegan stir fried vermicelli noodles for the whole family, so healthy and tasty!
Looking for an easy and satisfying meal for the busy midweek after work? Well, these simple vegan stir fried vermicelli noodles offer a delicious treat. Healthy and full of flavor, they make a perfect budget friendly dinner for the whole family.
The vermicelli noodle has a fine, delicate texture which goes well with thinly sliced vegetables. It comes in dry form available in most Asian supermarkets or even some major grocery chains. I always keep a packet handy because it is very versatile for a convenient meal like this one. It cooks in no time and has a long shelf life too.
The best part of this dish is that you could throw in any combination of vegetable ingredients and it still tastes good. I like adding shiitake mushrooms for the savory umami flavor, and I use tofu for the protein. The sesame seeds are there for an extra nutty flavor.
Hope you enjoy this easy vegan stir fried vermicelli noodles!
|Stir Fried Vermicelli Noodles|| |
For the Noodles
- 6-8 cups water
- 8 oz vermicelli noodles (rice sticks)
- 3 oz tofu
- 2 oz dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked 20 minutes in advance or fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 3 oz snow peas, tips removed.
- 3 oz red peppers (capsicums), sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon mushroom seasoning
- ¼ cup cilantro (coriander), shredded
For the Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ABC sweet soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Boil vermicelli rice noodles in hot water for 3 minutes, drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Mix seasoning ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat wok or fry pan at medium heat and add 1-2 tablespoon oil.
- Add tofu and mushrooms. Stir fry for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add snow peas and peppers. Stir fry another minute.
- Add ½ teaspoon salt, pepper and mushroom seasoning.
- Add vermicelli noodles and seasonings. Stir fry another 3 minutes.
- Transfer to serving dish, garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.
Links provided above are for displaying the ingredients used in this recipe. Disclaimer: Some links are connected to an affiliate network and if you choose to make purchases through those links, I may get a small percentage commission, however you won't pay anything more for the item.