Make this easy and creamy dairy-free whipped coconut cream in less than 10 minutes!
For those who are trying to cut down on dairy but still crave for and enjoy desserts with whipped cream, here is a simple and delicious vegan alternative!
Imagine this thick and luscious coconut cream smothered on top of a vanilla cupcake or in between layers of a tiramisu!
What I love most about this whipped coconut cream is that you can make it in advance and use it the next day on your cupcakes, pies , spoon it into your lattes or just have it with some fresh fruits!
It will even hold for a few days if covered and stored in the refrigerator. This whipped coconut cream is so blissful and delicious, you really have to try it!
|Whipped Coconut Cream|| |
- 14-ounce can coconut cream (chilled overnight)
- ½ cup powdered (icing) sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Chill coconut cream in the refrigerator overnight.
- Chill mixing bowl 10 minutes before whipping.
- Open the can of coconut cream without shaking it. Scoop out the top cream and leave the liquid behind.
- Place cream in mixing bowl. Beat with a mixer until creamy. Add vanilla (optional), powdered sugar and mix until smooth - about 1 minute. Adjust sweetness as desired.
- Serve immediately with some fresh berries or use in any type of dessert that calls for whipped cream!
I prefer to use the Trader Joe's brand of coconut cream, or if you cannot find coconut cream, a full fat coconut milk like the Thai Kitchen brand works best.