These easy bite size zucchini Parmesan cheese fritters make a healthy and delicious snack any time of the day!
Everyone loves fried food, right? Besides chocolate, it’s probably the most sought after comfort food. Those bad boy french fries are hard to resist, but they often leave one feeling rather guilty afterwards. Now, try these delicious, nearly guilt-free zucchini Parmesan cheese fritters!
There’s everything to crave about with these cute, little, crispy, fresh, healthy zucchini fritters. There’s a taste of sweetness in the zucchini buried inside the Parmesan cheese batter. After the first bite into the crispy crust, the softness of the inside melts easily in your mouth.
These fritters are unbelievably tasty and the bite size bundles make them equally fun to eat. Throw in a dip of cool sour cream, they’re simply irresistible. It’s a wonderful way of sneaking in some healthy veggies into a snack for kids, who will absolutely adore them!
The zucchini Parmesan cheese fritters are also high in fiber with lots of Vitamin A, and incredibly easy to make. Perfect for finger food at parties and gatherings. This comfort food is balanced by the many health benefits of zucchini, which among other things helps in weight loss. That’s why it’s almost guilt-free to try! Other health benefits of zucchini can be found at positviehealthwellness.com.
|Zucchini Parmesan Cheese Fritters|| |
For the Vegetables
- 3 large zucchinis finely grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the Batter Mix
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
For the Toppings
- Parmesan cheese
- Pinch of salt
- Sour cream
- Add salt to the grated zucchini and stir to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes. Using a clean dish towel or cheese cloth, drain zucchini completely.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg well and add salt, pepper, flour and Parmesan cheese.
- Add the zucchini in with the batter mixture and mix well.
- Heat oil at medium heat in a pan.
- Get a tablespoon of batter mixture and slowly place it into the pan.
- Cook each side of the fritter until golden brown.
- Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and a pinch of salt.
- Serve immediately with some sour cream (optional).